2019 Banquet Speakers
- Marc Morano, former Communications Director for the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee and senior aide, speechwriter, and climate researcher for Senator James Inhofe (R-OK), is the executive editor and chief correspondent for ClimateDepot.com, a pioneering climate and eco-news center. The news effort, begun in April 2009, is a special project of the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) and is the most comprehensive information center on climate news and the related issues of environment and energy. ClimateDepot.com, spearheaded by Morano, serves as an information clearinghouse and one stop shopping for reporters, policymakers, students, scientists and concerned citizens to get the latest information on global warming and other key environmental and energy issues. The news center is a special project of CFACT, a Washington, D.C.-based public policy organization that has been working since 1985 to infuse the environmental debate with a balanced perspective, and to promote market-based and safe technological solutions to various public-interest concerns.
- “Morano has risen to be the most savvy media manipulator of the climate skeptic crowd” – Morano “pretty much chewed up Bill Nye the Science Guy on CNN with Piers Morgan a couple years ago.” – Randy Olson in Dot Earth column at New York Times – April 17, 2016
- “Morano is one of a relative handful of self-described climate ‘skeptics’ who have wrestled thousands of the world’s leading scientists to a standstill of their own…. They are the ones who have convinced millions that there is no scientific consensus that climate change is real and human-caused.” – Environmental columnist Rick Holmes – July 21, 2015, Brookline Wicked Local
- Morano is the “ringleader” of the “climate deniers.” – Columnist Dana Nuccitelli – UK Guardian – December 14, 2015
- Morano is “one of the most powerful climate skeptics” – German Magazine Süddeutsche – December 20, 2015
Steve Goreham, P.E., MBA
Informative and engaging speaker, delivering compelling and provocative programs to businesses, universities, and diverse organizations. Effective communicator in the board room, lecture hall, and in the debate panel regarding the environment, sustainable development, economic trends, energy, climate change, and corporate environmental policy. Executive Director of Climate Science Coalition, an independent, non-political association of scientists, engineers, and energy experts, focused on informing citizens about the realities of climate science and energy economics.
Don Easterbrook, Ph.D.
Geologist, IPCC Reviewer